Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tell me what to do.

I am having my AS finals right now and for almost everyday during this period of time, i can't get my mind off the next coming test and all the preparations and formulas and bloody assumptions and shitty stuff ALL related to the exams.

Pathetic. Blame myself for not playing the paying attention in class.

Last Saturday, i was in desperate need of getting ink cartridges for my printer as i needed to print the exercises out. But the shop where i usually get my ink supply from was closed, so i had to drive around my neighbourhood to look for one. I got to the busiest part of my neighborhood - where all the banks, the shops, the everything are- and then i couldn't help but to notice this scene which totally got my mind off the coming exam and the shitty stuff.

I saw this kitten straying outside the bookshop.
It was still, obviously, very young and still at the stage of learning new stuff. It did not scurry away like all the other older cats did when someone was nearby, but instead walked side by side with the people walking along the corridor. It could not walk properly on four, and occasionally tripped a little and tried to support itself up. Then, it would look around. And then it would continue to walk and look around.

I stood there, by the entrance of the book store and i watched the kitten move around as if looking for food. I looked around and got to a nearby cheecheongfun stall and bought 3 fishballs for the kitten.

I got back and left two on the ground. I ate one. lol wtf. And then i stood by and watch as the kitten finished them up.
As soon as it had finished up the two fishballs, i left with so many emotions and thoughts boiling inside me.

Well, let's just say i've got so many things running in my mind at that moment and I just don't feel like saying it all out here. I felt exactly like then when i visited the orphanage. And how am i able to describe the feeling of helplessness? You see someone who needs help. You want to help. You try to help. Somehow, you just can't help. You can't do anything to help. Tell me. I just don't know the word to describe such helplessness.

As i got to my car, I saw this kid sitting on a stool by the cheecheongfun stall, munching away happily. Such contrast in life. And I can't do a thing to help.

15 comments:

  1. i cant help..too XD
    mayb u can add dis stuff to ur project MAD
    try to help as many pp as u can

    ReplyDelete
  2. just pray...
    pray, my friend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you very nice xia eh..
    last time keep visit your blog,
    see your post all funny funny funny..
    cant imagine that you will write such thing and thinking so good..

    just,
    hope tml they still there (:
    we cant help much..
    really..

    and, jiayous for your exam ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. bui- haha. i dunnit put inside project mad i oso everyday help ppl one lar. XD

    turtle- yea lor. pray with me?

    yanny- lol. thank you thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. rachel- adopt? that little kitten. nah. i am allergic to cat fur, dog fur and animal fur. haha. serious one. besides, i don't like them licking around. hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wa.. you so caring one?!
    I thought. "bloody kitty blocking my way" and you're gonna kick it.
    Goal~

    ReplyDelete
  7. snore- haha. i v kind one lar. XD lol. besides, i don't like football also. lol wtf.

    ReplyDelete
  8. yo ding.

    OMG! I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL!
    believe it or not, but i have such feelings as well, to old people especially. hah. i guess everyone has such weird feelings running in them whenever they come across something or some situations other than stray cats or dogs or children. It's the empathy (or is it sympathy? lol i still cant differentiate ><) we have for them i guess.

    it feels bitter inside whenever i see old people, the feeling of helplessness, yea. even though when they are strong or independent enough to take care of their daily lives, it still feels sour inside. :( undescribable feelings heh! i didnt know someone else would have such feeling as well! :)

    so appreciate, and be grateful with whatever you have and whateer you can do. smile :) and thank God.


    *hugs* i miss choco! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh. and yea, like what your friend suggested. just continue helping as much as you can. make them feel happy and you'll feel happy too :) didnt you smile when u fed the kitty?

    btw. i seriously didnt expect you to do such an act man! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nigel5:19 PM

    So this time you played angels advocate? haha.

    Well written, well felt. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. zoe- Hah! i'm pretty glad to know that there's someone out there like you too. =)

    And i thought i was the weird one among my friends. haha. yea. will keep helping as much as i can. hehe.

    btw, i finished my test d. XD woohoo! lok lok! chocolates! =)

    nigel- hehe. you didn't know that? XD thanx. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ZOE I MISS YOU.

    will she ever see this?

    don't worry, you're not the only one. i get it more for the elderly who look so bored and fed up with life. and i wonder if i'll end up like that too. heh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. JOYCE OHMYHOLY JOYCE! I MISS YOU TOOOOOO!

    heh i'm sure you wont. You'll be surrounded by your grandkids waiting to listen to your life experiences :)


    dingdingdong, im having my finals next two weeks. shall meet up after that kay :) CHOCO! LOKLOKO! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. ahh finally somthing I along my lines of thought. =)

    ReplyDelete