Saturday, November 07, 2009

Of graduation, saying bye bye and the huge gap.

I should have waited for the photos from dailou before i publish this post. But wth. All the emotions are cramming up in me and somehow the photos can wait.

This morning was the 48th graduation ceremony for the chonghwaians. Yea. I got up early in the morning - earlier than usual school days lar- just for attending the ceremony. Somehow, even though i was not in school this year, the excitement and all the feelings in me were not much different from any graduates this year, i can asssure you.

I missed out the first hour of the event. I got in and sat down next to dailou, with jenny right behind him. They were busy writing stuff in their class mag. Leaving messages for their classmates and so. There were chatterings. The people were kind of noisy. Still, anyone could feel that the air was pervaded with deep feelings. The kind of feeling before parting. And people around me did not smile much. Those familiar smiles were not on their faces today. Today was different.

If you had noticed. Then you would have seen those gestures people make trying to cover up their anxiety of parting with their friends in a few hours time. Their restlessness on their seats. Their urge to strike a topic to talk to the one next to them to distract others from noticing the sadness upon their faces. The looks on their faces when looking at their classmates, wondering if they are going to meet again in the future, or probably hoping that that particular moment would never end. And some, some of them just looked at the stage blankly while the feelings inside them were bubbling incessantly.

And then it was time to sing the national anthem, the school song, just to name a few. I had never sang so seriously in my life. Probably it was because this was the last time i could stand side by side with my schoolmates -those that i hd grew up with- and sing. I was totally surprised, when i realised i actually had memorised the lyrics for the school anthem and i never knew that.

Then, classes went on stage and took photos. They raced each other up and for a moment or so, i regretted taking a levels instead of uec. I stood below the stage and looked up at them. If i feed on emotions, the stage could already supply me for a year or so, with 3 meals a day. Some were screaming, some were crying, some were shouting with joy, some just smiled, some just stood there and looked down, some were...

The ceremony was over, and people came down from the stage. Girls were crying and hugging each other. Boys on the other hand, patted each other on the shoulders, some hugged. Even a stone would turn soft at that moment. Well, one of my friends who always looked tough cried. And that was not something happy to see.

I went to the movies after that. Watched a canton movie called the Poker King. The movie was pretty funny. But, occasionally, when i laughed, i turned to look at junhui beside me. He was not laughing. And then my laughter would die out and i would turn back to look at the screen trying to ignore him. He was the joker among his friends. And to see him not laugh was like seeing the sky not turning blue in the morning which makes people feel yea, sad.

And as i drove home later on, the sky was blanketed with dark clouds and sooner enough, the rain began to fall.
________________

Well, something to laugh about - I tried sneaking in with my chong hwa school uniform on today. But, sadly, i got caught by the discipline master who insisted to have my hair cut short. wtf. And after much explaining that i was not a senior 3 student, he literally pulled and dragged me out of the school and made me change back to my casual wear. haha wtf.

Also, I saw a few teachers today, who said that i had lose weight. HAHAHAHHAHA. If you don't believe, i have a picture as proof! Look at the HUGE gap between my tummy and the pants. WAHAHAHAHHAHAHHA. The pants used to fit me just well. LOL



p/s will post the pictures up as soon as i get them. and ex-chonghwaians, cheer up! =)

6 comments:

  1. lol seriously is that your pants? or you took zhanye's pants just to capture this shot so that it makes you happier? hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. that is my pants lar wtf.

    If zhanye's pants sure the gap more bigger one lar. LOL.

    tell u lar. now jenny fatter than me liao. WAHAHAHHAHA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wa why me?! XD

    haiz..reli sad...i was crying oso..after dat...
    the mixture of feeling of sad and touch...
    weird...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lutie2:44 PM

    I never read your latest post yet i want to leave a comment, your new background is damn serious irritating=.= I couldn't read properly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lutie- seriously? haha. will change it back lar then.

    ReplyDelete