Thursday, May 29, 2008

In the waiting room.

the wind shrilled hysterically
yet so miniscule and gently
in the small and little waiting room.

314 it marked,
and a piano stood silent in one corner
with the receptionist looking dull
sitting by a table on the other side
in the waiting toom.

She smiled (or did i magine it?)
and verified my identity
showed me my seat (she did not actually)
and told me to wait
in the waiting room.

Then came a boy
jumping in up and down
and in came a girl
swaying away to and fro
with a young lady smiling cheerfully
into the waiting room.

Probably for a ten or twenty
a young girl walked in
white skirt high heels
yet chubby and kinda snobbish
into the waiting room.

I fumbled with the chords
tried to play my scales
The boy and his company
sat by the piano
and their fingers danced their last practice
in the waiting room.

It was time for them to leave
the boy and the cute little girl
for their judgement of their skills
and there was a little tense
in the waiting room.

The plump girl walked up
ladylike and said
" hey ho la lo
listen yo'
to my concerto
in the waiting room"

There was a clash of the titans
where chords met
the tremendous burst of notes
and scales sang
with the magnificent pieces
in the waiting room.

The receptionist stood up
and iced the room with her silent look
and the fateful name flowed out.
Judgement day was here for me
and when i walked out
i threw a last glance into the waiting room.

I had my guitar test today. And i don't really think i had it smooth.

1 comment:

  1. Love the repitition at the end of every stanza. It was well written, with nice direction. You didn't wander off in this poem, which is an improvement form your previous ones.

    I really adore the personification in stanza 9. Especially "the scales sang". I think it would sound better like this:

    There was a clash of the titans
    the tremendous burst of notes
    chords bellowed, scales sang,
    with the magnificent pieces
    in the waiting room.

    I suck at poetry so you better not listen to me on this =P

    ReplyDelete