Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Friendly A-ne-ne taxi driver

So, i took taxi instead of buses home today. Reason? I played counterstrike at mutiara till 6 something, and i promised my cousin brother that we were going out for dinner together.

I took a taxi.
It was an Indian driver.
"Mana jalan u mau ambik?"
"jalan kuching."
"sesak o. Thaipusam la."
"takpe (tak apa)."
And there was silence. The taxi moved on the usual route that i always get home. But got jammed just five minutes after i got on the taxi. Every driver in their respective cars on the road seemed restless. And predicting that the car won't be moving on too soon anyway and feeling the dull and boring mood uprising in the car, i asked that indian driver about thaipusam.
I seldom talk to taxi drivers. Unless they start the conversation first. But, well today was different.
So he told me quite a story about it. I actually didn't get what he was trying to say. But, all the same, i nodded and made "oh","mm.." to show that i understand what he was trying to say. He seemed quite friendly. And he kept talking with me till i reached home. Our conversation drove my drowziness away. And i was thankful. You know, i am afraid of sleeping in a taxi, unless there's someone with me. Maybe it's just kinda phobia.
Well, planned to watch epic movie tommorow at times square. But, could book no tickets. So, we are still planning. Maybe we might not go out and go for Counter Strike again instead. Haha. Well, road blocks tomorrow, and i wonder which roads are blocked.
Feeling quite boring now. Tired and exhausted. Maybe should go to bed now.

No comments:

Post a Comment