Saturday, August 23, 2008

Listen to the thunder my stomach makes.

I am participating in this year's Famine 30. Which makes me one of those people who have to go through 30 hours without eating or taking in solid food.

To those of you who don't know what the heck it is, this is what i got from the site.

The 30-Hour Famine is a global movement against hunger and poverty. Famine participants go without food for 30 hours and get a glimpse of the dire conditions that children and families in need endure everyday. They also raise funds, transforming their hunger into hope for children and families in need. The Famine aims to inspire and empower ordinary people to care for those in need, both locally and globally.


To be serious, i am really famished right now.

A friend of mine and i went out today, thinking that we could pass the day without eating. And we were planning to study as well, and we went to McDonald's to sit down and study. Eventually, my friend got a little hungry and ate. And he was actually convincing me to eat along.

Don't worry, i didn't. And that's something i am proud of.

I actually went into McDonald's and walked out of it 3 hours later with my stomach making noises. And I am actually proud of what i've done, and will be doing for the next 23 hours.

1 comment:

  1. yea!!!i totally agree yozer...we must have perserverance....join again next year!

    ReplyDelete